At this young age of exploration, eye protection is essential. Looping 3 is the answer: wrap-around coverage, reversible frame, no hinges, curved temples, flat elastic strap. They won’t leave the face of even the most active child!
- Hold and positioning: Curved temples and flat elastic strap on the Looping 3 provides hold when your child is at play.
- Coverage: Sunglasses provide optimal eye protection with a wrap-around profile.
The younger the child is, the more vulnerable their eyes are. Unlike an adult's eye, the lens in a child's eye has almost no protective pigments. A child's crystalline lens is totally transparent with a very large pupil. Children's eyes therefore absorb much more harmful solar radiation than adults.
Even in the shade, the eyes are exposed to UV rays reflected by the clouds, water, snow, sand and asphalt. Sunglasses are important for eye protection for babies, just as they are for moms and dads!
Julbo’s popular Looping line of sunglasses are specially designed for babies, infants and toddlers. Three different sizes are offered in the Looping 1, 2 and 3. Choose the model according to the age of your child.
What are the things to look for in the best sunglasses for babies and toddlers?
Up until the age of 3, small children look up to see the world. The best sunglasses for babies protect youngsters with:
- Substantial coverage around the eyes
- Flexible frames and strong lenses that can take a lot of activity
- Sunglasses that are centered for upside or downside use
- And dark lenses such as Julbo’s category 4 lenses for minimal visible light transmission (only 5%)
Top-quality lenses in Julbo’s sunglasses for babies
- Julbo lenses are optical class 1
- They provide 100% protection against UVA, B and C rays
- They are shock resistant
Looping frames are made for a baby’s face
- Handy reversible and flexible frames—there is no wrong way to put them on
- Wrap-around styling provides excellent coverage
- Flexible and shock absorbing frames
- Fun, colorful style for the little ones